"There is more treasure in books than in all the pirate's loot on Treasure Island." - Walt Disney

Monday, March 20, 2017

The Great and Powerful A to Z Challenge Theme Reveal!


It’s officially “theme reveal” day! Every year since 2013, it has been a tradition for A to Z participants to reveal their Challenge themes ahead of time - on a day we lovingly titled The Great And Powerful Theme Reveal! With less than two weeks left before the Challenge begins, that day - IS TODAY!

One of the most burning questions participants ask themselves every year is: 
"Should I have a theme?" Themes are not mandatory, but definitely fun. They let your visitors know what to expect, create excitement and anticipation, and help you write posts that line neatly up from A to Z.

Not sure what the “A to Z Challenge” is all about? Check out this page: http://www.a-to-zchallenge.com/p/frequently-asked-question-faq.html

As you probably already know, this year we are doing the Challenge without a Linky list. This means that people will be posting the links to their posts each day on the official blog page, as well as on social media (see the details here!). 

AND NOW, MY PERSONAL THEME…SCOTLAND!

Last May I traveled to Scotland for several weeks. As descendants of Scottish heritage, my mom, aunt, cousin, and I all decided to visit and travel the land of some of our ancestors. All through April I'll be sharing how that trip affected me. The research I’ve conducted, photos I’ve taken, my reading, and my writing since then have been greatly influenced by Scottish art, architecture, writers, design, films, history, music, and more.


I hope you’ll join me throughout the month as I share my love for this beautiful country!

9 comments:

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

That is awesome! I've been to Scotland twice. Love the country.

Sylvia Ney said...

Awww - Kindred Spirits! I absolutely loved Scotland, and I really want to visit again.

Barbara In Caneyhead said...

I've never been to Scotland, so I look forward to exploring it with you!
Perspectives at Life & Faith in Caneyhead #AtoZChallenge

LM Preston said...

Scotland and Ireland are on my bucklist for travel. My daughter went and said she can't wait to go back.

Yolanda Renée said...

I can't wait to read all about your journey!

JazzFeathers said...

I've been to Scotland only once (so far) and I left my heart there.
I'll sure follow your posts. Can't wait to read them :-)

@JazzFeathers
The Old Shelter - Theme Reveal - 1940s Film Noir

Click said...

This is an excellent choice to write about (I live on a small Scottish island so I heartily approve of people writing about the place). ;-)

Can't wait to see what you write about. Good luck with it.

Cait @ Click's Clan

Carrie-Anne said...

Sounds like a great theme! Scotland has such great natural beauty.

Arlee Bird said...

Don't know much about Scotland, but maybe I'll learn some things in your posts.

Have fun with it!


Arlee Bird
Tossing It Out