"There is more treasure in books than in all the pirate's loot on Treasure Island." - Walt Disney

Thursday, October 1, 2015

Pledge to Write

The last few months have been a bit of a slump for me. I haven't worked on any new writing - I just plodded along trying to complete projects I already had in the works.

Ever since I returned from summer vacation I haven't been able to produce much (which makes me wonder if I shouldn't take vacations from my writing when I travel, but that's another topic). I've thought "that's it, I'm done. I'm not a real writer. I've just been pretending this whole time. It was a fun hobby while it lasted, but I guess I'm done."

While I felt further depressed by those thoughts, I couldn't break the cycle... until a few days ago. Suddenly, I'm overflowing with new ideas, and motivated to try new projects. I can barely focus on one manuscript at a time.

To celebrate my newly rediscovered zest for the craft, and in an effort to keep the momentum going, I'm committing to the Author Publish pledge. "I pledge to write at least one page every day in October."

If this works out for me, maybe I can use one of these new pages as a starting ground for NaNoWriMo in November. One thing at a time.

So, anyone want to join me and take the pledge? Have you ever found yourself in a slump, or overwhelmed with ideas? If so, you might enjoy reading about 20 Things Only Highly Creative People Would Understand.

1 comment:

Helen V. said...

I know that feeling when you're in a slump and just can't get out of it. Been living it myself recently. I think your idea of making a commitment is a good one so I'm signing up too.