"There is more treasure in books than in all the pirate's loot on Treasure Island." - Walt Disney

Monday, May 4, 2015

Screenplays, Books, and Press

My kids are already counting down the days until school is out for break because it's May and summer is on its way!

It's also a new month and the release of a new Southern Writer's magazine issue.

In this issue, I have two articles. In the first, I talk with Adriana Trigiani about her screenplays, books, and her new movie! In the second article I talk with Jerry Craven, Director of Lamar University Press, about why an author should publish their work through a University.

To learn more about this magazine or to order a copy, please visit: http://www.southernwritersmagazine.com/

How are your manuscripts or other projects coming along? Are you reading any great books or magazines?

6 comments:

Elizabeth Varadan, Author said...

Congratulations, Sylvia, on having two of your articles published in this magazine. That's great!

I have nice news to share, too: My middle grade mystery, Imogene and the Case of the Missing Pearls, is going to be published by MX Publishing in June. Walking on air.

nashvillecats2 said...

Congrats also from me for having your two articles published, Gives one a sense of achievement. Well done and good luck.

Yvonne.

Karen Mortensen said...

I am counting the days too. I teach 1st grade. How exciting to have articles in a magazine.

Unknown said...

That's awesome! Congratulations, Sylvia, on having TWO articles published, crazy stuff. Can't wait to check them out!

...and YES, summer, please just COME.

Helen V. said...

We're heading into winter here and it's starting to cool down and still my novel sits with a publisher. Frustrating.

Dixie@dcrelief said...

My neighbor and I do "mag swaps." I'll have to find out if she's received this one yet. Congratulations, Sylvia

Currently reading, *The Way of the Wild Heart* - John Eldredge.